Monday, June 7, 2010

June 7 - Clean

If I confess my sins, You are faithful and just to forgive me of my sins and to cleanse me from all unrighteousness.   1 John 1:9

I love mowing the grass and working in the yard.  It's one of those things you can do and look back on and see what you accomplished.  And when I'm finished, I can't wait to get a shower and get all the dirt off of me.  I like to be clean. 

We all get dirty spiritually and we all like to be clean spiritually.

God tells us the spiritual shower is confession.  When we humbly go to Him and confess our sin, He does what He does best: makes us clean.

What strikes you as deep about this verse?

6 comments:

  1. I find that I am very good at confessing my sin to God, but very poor at turning from my sin and doing it no more. Does God really want confession without repentance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must confess that I have been full of anxious thoughts and worries!! Today when I picked up my Bible I opened it randomly to psalm 34. Verse 4: " I sought the Lord and he answered me,He delivered me from all my fears.". What a gracious Savior I have. Oh I've have confessed my anxieties hundreds of times-sometimes hundreds of times in the same day!!! But I am amazed at how God provides comfort through His word even when I have to continually confess! He keeps no record of wrongs!! Wow-what a Blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia, that sounds wonderful! Where is that scripture,"He keeps no record of wrongs"?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The deep thing that I find about this verse is the freedom that comes with confessing sin and having that sin forgiven once and for all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the blog. I look forward to it daily.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great question! 1 Corinthians 13:5 says love keeps no record of wrongs. Since God and love go hand in hand, that seems to say he keeps no record of wrongs. Also in Isaiah 43:25, God says he blots out our transgressions and remembers our sins no more. That's a powerful promise!

    ReplyDelete