Tuesday, June 29, 2010

June 29 - Receive

Whatever things I desire, when I pray, I believe that I receive them and I shall have them.   Mark 11:24

Desires are tricky.  Desiring what we might want at the moment is a whole different thing than desiring what God knows is best for us.  Knowing God's will and seeking it with all we have is not an easy thing to do.  It does not come naturally.

Yet, for the believer, when we set our hearts on desiring the things of God instead of focusing on our own selfish desires, not only do we please Him, but we also receive from Him what we ask for.

What have you received from God in the last year?

1 comment:

  1. In the last year, I have received contentment, a new sense of passion, a better relationship with God, more intimate community with my LIFE group and some of the relationships that I have made, a renewed spirit and a bolder witness for Jesus.

    ReplyDelete