Thursday, June 17, 2010

June 17 - Promise

Christ has redeemed me from the curse of the law, being made a curse for me, for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree."  He did this so that the blessing of Abraham might come on me through Jesus Christ, that I might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.  Galatians 3:13-14

Every weekend, at church buildings all over the world, people make promises to each other.  New head coaches hold press conferences and promise to bring a championship to their new school or franchise.  Companies promise better service than their competitors.

Promises fly around in all walks of life about countless topics.  But one thing is certain when promises are made: some of them are going to be broken.  It is our fallen nature, our selfish focus.

Everyone is going to break a promise at one point or another.

Except our Creator.

What is this passage saying to you about God's promise to you?

2 comments:

  1. ken (the forgiven)June 17, 2010 at 3:04 PM

    Simply that I can try to do my best without fearing being crushed by the law when I fail. It's a huge relief....and makes me all the more determined to do my best.

    ReplyDelete