Tuesday, June 15, 2010

June 15 - Presence

LORD, You will show me the path of life.  In your presence is fullness of joy.  At your right hand there are pleasures forever.   Psalm 16:11

We clamor to be in the presence of what we consider to be greatness.  We scramble to try to shake the hand of a star athlete.  We stand in line for hours to get the autograph of a movie star.   We take pictures with our arm around a rock star, looking like we're old friends.  Or something.

Yet, God promises His presence will bring us far greater things in life than a fleeting thrill of being close to someone famous.

His presence brings joy and life.

We dare not trade an imitation of royalty for the real thing.

Or we will miss everything that is truly important. 

What reaction do you have to this scripture? 

2 comments:

  1. This scripture really grabbed me. How often I will leave God and pursue the pleasure of sin for a short time,(Heb. 11:25)and wonder why I'm not satisfied. Only God satisfies with true pleasures, joy, and life. Thanks Rick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the reaction I have is one of really dialing down what kind of attention I seek. I like attention and if I don't get enough of it, I start pouting and complaining. I repent of that and I ask the Lord to forgive me. The only attention I should get is from "an audience of One". God Almighty is my protector and sustainer and He is the one that will be with me when everyone else "throws me under the bus". I love to travel down "the path of life" and I don't ever want to make a u-turn to the other place down South. Good reference verse--Proverbs 15:24.

    ReplyDelete