Monday, June 28, 2010

June 27 - Grace

By grace I am saved through faith, and it is not of myself; it is Your gift, God.   Ephesians 2:8

"I've got all eggs in one basket and I don't have a back up plan."  My friend Bob spoke those words last week at a camp in Abilene.  

The scariest thing about that concept is that it takes all control away from us and puts it in the hands of our Creator. 

When we walk by faith and let all other things we might try to rely on for our lives go, God is honored and extends His saving grace to us.

But the key words might be "it is not of myself."  Giving up control is tricky at best and horrifying at worst.  We want God's grace, but often only if we feel like we've done our fair share and helped Him along in the process.

But then it wouldn't really be grace, would it?

How does this passage affect you? 

1 comment:

  1. I'm thankful that God would save a messed up sinner like me and that I couldn't save myself even if I tried.

    ReplyDelete