Saturday, June 26, 2010

June 26 - No

Now there is no condemnation to me who is in Christ Jesus and who does not walk after the flesh but after the Spirit. Romans 8:1

We get told "no" a lot, don't we?

No pets. No progress. No dessert. No raise. No way.

Of course, it seems like the word "no" carries a negative connotation most of the time, doesn't it?

Until we start listening to God.

No more sorrow. No more pain. No death. No disease. No disappointment.

Forgot one...no condemnation. When we commit our lives to Christ, we receive the very best "no" in the history of the word "no."

No condemnation.

How does that strike you?

1 comment:

  1. This strikes me as absolutely freeing because of what Jesus did on the cross for me and the freedom that I have with the Holy Spirit controlling my thoughts, deeds, words, etc. I'm glad because verse 2 of Romans 8 tells about the Spirit of life that set me free from the shackles of sin, and death. No condemnation: that is a cool feeling.

    ReplyDelete