Thursday, June 24, 2010

June 24 - Exceed

God, You are able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that I ask or think, according to the power that works in me.   Ephesians 3:20

We are all guilty of putting God in a box.  As a matter of fact, there really is no way we cannot be guilty of it, since God is completely unfathomable to us.  Any thought we might have about His power, His majesty, His grace or His love is completely insufficient to the reality of God.

So we put Him in a box.

The only question that is pertinent is how small is that box for each one of us?

What are the benefits of giving great effort to taking God out of the box in each of our lives?

1 comment:

  1. The box that I put God in, and I ask and pray that I will be forgiven for doing that, is that I sometimes think of God in human terms instead of just letting God be God and I just be a puny little human being. I'm doing a better job of not "sitting in the big chair" on a lot of things and I want to translate that into letting God get "unpacked and unleashed" from his box that he really doesn't have anyway. The sooner I realize that, the better. The benefits of giving great effort to taking God out of the box in my life are reliance(on Him), freedom from guilt, shame and condemnation, and just getting out of the way and let the Father do what he does and just watch in awe.

    ReplyDelete