Monday, June 14, 2010

June 14 - Mind

You will keep me in perfect peace whose mind is fixed on You, because I trust in You.   Isaiah 26:3 

In the old days of Saturday Night Live, one of the jokes that got a big response was a play on the then-popular commercial whose catch phrase was "A mind is a terrible thing to waste."  Saturday Night Live's spoof simply said "A mind is a terrible thing."

Well, the truth is...it can be. 

When we allow our mind to wander to destructive or malicious thoughts; and let's be honest, it is all too easy to let that happen, a mind can be a terrible thing.  It can conjure up all kinds of evil and go to places that we might not have believed we could go. 

The good news is the mind can be trained.  Just like we train our physical bodies, we can likewise train our minds. 

God asks that we train our minds to be fixed on Him because the benefits far outweigh anything we could invest in on this earth. 

What is this passage saying to you? 

1 comment:

  1. What this says to me is that I have to be on gurad about what I think about because I havew a tendency to have one negative comment send me on a downward spiral very quickly. I've had to check myself when I get really upset. I'm not really good at opening myself up and becoming transparent when it comes to dealing/facing with my problems. That's why I like to spend time in the Word and listen to Christian music. It's keep my mind on an even keel.

    ReplyDelete