Sunday, June 6, 2010

June 6 - Security

I do not fear for You are with me.  I am not dismayed for You are my God.  You will strengthen me; yes, You will help me; yes, You will uphold me with the right hand of Your righteousness.   Isaiah 41:10

I've always been fascinated by locks. I've got a friend that is a locksmith.  He can pick just about any lock you can put in front of him.  Thank goodness he's one of the good guys! But the sober truth is that all guys who pick locks aren't good guys.  Sometimes the bad guys can use those same skills to get into places they aren't welcome.

Isn't it fascinating that we put so much stock in security when it really is only a phantom?  There is only one place to find true security in this world.

What does this passage say to you personally?

4 comments:

  1. I think this verse is telling me to trust in the LORD more. He has my back when no one else does. I have a tendency to do things on my own a lot. I want to trust in Him and go to him first instead of putting him on the back burner. I want YHWH God to be not just the savior of my soul through Jesus Christ, but I want him to be LORD of my life daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What this passage says to me personally is that God will have your back when no one else will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We wouldn't be comforted if there was no reason to be afraid. I believe there is a point in every person's life where there is a deep seeded fear. When someone can make Isaiah 41:10 theirs, as written above, they are truly living by faith. To me, when the Lord is telling you there is no reason to be afraid...how can you disregard that? Unfortunately, I must be reminded of this more often than I'd like to admit. I have a hard time believing anyone that is genuinely unafraid, doesn't know fear very intimately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This verse is saying to me personally that you should go "all out" in living your faith and becoming more like Christ. He will always be with you and will pick you up when you fall. It also shows me that I should become fearless in becoming more of a Jesus disciple. I guess it is cool to be a "Jesus freak."

    ReplyDelete