Friday, June 11, 2010

June 11 - Peace

Peace Jesus leaves with me, His peace He gives to me. He does not give to me as the world gives.  I do not let my heart be troubled, nor do I let it be afraid. John 14:27

Since Cain murdered his brother, this world has not experienced complete peace.  Sin not only ushered death into the world, but in doing so, it also removed peace.  Since that time, there has always been man against man and very often, country against country.

Those things are unlikely to change until Jesus comes back.

But He promises a peace that is deeper and more important for those who are His.

Inner peace.  Freedom from anxiety.  A peace that endures, regardless of what happens around us.  Is this a promise of the deliverance from pain and suffering?

Not at all.

It is a promise of His love and care for us in the middle of suffering.  A promise that He will never leave us.  A promise made to His followers of a future beyond our wildest dreams.

What is your reaction to this promise?

1 comment:

  1. I'm speechless. That what I think about when I review this passage. Once again, I can rest in the humble confidence that I receive from the work that Christ did for me on the cross. I'm glad to be able to rest in HIS peace.

    ReplyDelete