Thursday, July 8, 2010

Relying on God when struggling with anxiety

I have trusted also in You, LORD; therefore I shall not slide. Psalm 26:1

Trust.

One of the easiest concepts in life, but one of the toughest realities. How do you trust someone you don't know? Or how do you rebuild trust in someone who has betrayed you?

Here's the cold, hard fact: When dealing with the topic of worry, trust is foundational. You can't overcome anxiety without trust. Deep trust.

There are very few people on this planet that we will completely trust. And we do so with the understanding that, as much as we feel secure in that trust, it could still conceivably be broken.

Not so with God. And that is the first step in changing our lives regarding worry.

What is your reaction to this scripture?

1 comment:

  1. My reaction to Psalm 26:1 is that of humble confidence and trust. That is some amazing stuff. I also look at this as a sign in obedience when it comes to trusting in the LORD without wavering. Trust and obedience are one in the same and I would have to obey the LORD if I am to trust him since He knows what's best for me. I have anxiety attacks from time to time and one time I told my brother of this problem and he just told me to just pray. I did and after I did that, I felt better and it felt like Jesus literally coming down from heaven and lifting that burden off my back. I'm going to use Philippians 4:6-7 as my theme verse and put it into action whenever have an anxiety attack.

    ReplyDelete