Friday, July 23, 2010

Depression 2

The LORD executes justice for the oppressed; He gives food to the hungry. The LORD sets the prisoners free.  The LORD opens the eyes of the blind; The LORD raises up those who are bowed down; The LORD loves the righteous...   Psalm 146:7-8

There are many people on earth that God uses in many ways. 

Sometimes He uses family members to deliver a message that we might not hear from anyone else.  Sometimes he uses trusted friends to bring comfort to us when we are struggling.  Sometimes He uses counselors or therapists to help people who are too close to the situation to be able to be objective.

But make no mistake of who holds the power or does the healing.  It is not family members, friends or counselors.

The LORD raises those up who are bowed down.  Searching elsewhere for the answers to deep struggles is an exercise in futility.

May God use you and I to be His conduits in bringing peace and comfort to those who are hurting.

And if you are hurting, may God bring you exactly who you need to speak His words, give His hug, express His love or show His direction.

How does this scripture impact you?

1 comment:

  1. Man, this Scripture passage impacts me by letting it speak life to me. I really needed this considering the week that I've had. I'm so glad that the LORD gives me peace and comfort when I'm beaten up. I'm glad that I've been set free by the LORD through the power and strength of Jesus Christ.

    ReplyDelete