Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Conflict 6

Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which you shall not see Me, your Lord.   Hebrews 12:14

Peace. 

Do you ever wonder if we'll experience peace on any kind of broad scale in this life?  Will the world ever have total, true peace?  I know the answer to that one.  No.  Not as long as there are believers and non-believers.

How about personal peace?  Is that possible for the long term?  I know that one too.  Yes.  But it's tough and it is not attained without deep maturity in our relationship with our Creator.

Here's a touchy one.  Is peace in the church possible?  I would hope so.  But there are big obstacles to overcome.  Like ourselves.

Last one.  Is it possible to be at peace with all people we come in contact with?  This passage is clear that if we don't pursue peace, we won't see God.  What would it take for that to happen in our lives? 

Maybe a different view of how we handle conflict.

What would that look like for you?

1 comment:

  1. Being at peace with all people would look like living for Christ 24/7 until He comes back or I go home to be with him in eternity, whichever comes first, and hearing the words, "Well done, good and faithful servant. Peace for me would look like me following the Biblical commands of living and striving for holiness daily, not just on Sunday. Not an easy task since Jesus raised the bar for holiness; however, because of His willing sacrifice on the cross 2,000 years ago, I don't have to beat mysef up so much when I do mess up. I Peter 1:15-16 is pretty straighforward as to how I and other Christians should live. Taking on the name of Jesus is one thing, living like Him is another story. It's not an easy challenge/lifestyle; however, there is a great reward at the end of this life(see I Cor. 9:24-27). I'm ready for my citizenship in heaven and to have a glorious body when I get there(Philippias 3:20-21). Father, please purify my heart daily and forgive me when I don't turn to you instead of turing to sin. Fill me with your peace that only you can give and help me live it out on a daily basis. I pray this in the name of the Prince of Peace, Jesus Christ, my Savior Lord, Amen.

    ReplyDelete