Thursday, July 8, 2010

Anger 7

Don't let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold. Ephesians 4:26-27

Grudges.

A fantastic way to kill relationships is to hold grudges. And grudges are exactly what Paul is talking about in this passage.

When we carry our anger overnight, overnight turns into days, days turn into months and months turn into years.

So a great way to avoid giving grudges a foothold is to handle anger in the day. Don't give Satan any opportunity to begin damaging or destroying relationships. God is honored when we protect the things money can't buy.

What is your reaction to this passage?

4 comments:

  1. God's wisdom for our marriages. We have no right to remain angry. If we do what God tells us to do in this passage, then our marriage will be stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not think I am a grudgeful person. I hope I can tell the difference between a grudge and realizing that a relationship is toxic and separate myself from that person. I think anger affects us in a reactionary type manner whereas when you make a conscious decision it is done when you are calm and reflective, those differences are what determine if your decision is God-guided or you-guided. I hope this makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My reaction is that I have to keep my emotions in check daily. Lord, please purify my emotions daily and let your Holy Spirit fill me with your fruit continually. Protect me from the darts, arrows, and snips that Satan wants to come at me with when I do get angry. Help me calm down and give me peace so I don't let anger control my thoughts, actions, life, etc. In Jesus name I humbly pray, Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My reaction is that I need to rely on God and His Holy Spirit to help me keep my emotions in check on a daily basis. I pray that God will protect me from all of the flaming darts and arrows that Satan would love to just pounce on me when I do get angry. Lord, please let my anger go away quickly and help me to not let is fester for too long. In your name, Jesus I humbly pray, Amen.

    ReplyDelete