Thursday, July 29, 2010

Relying on God when dealing with discouragement

Not one sparrow will fall to the ground without Me, your Father.  But the very hairs of your head are all numbered; therefore, do not fear.  You are of more value than many sparrows.   Matthew 10:29-30

Value.  What do we value? 

Financial security.  A job.  Good health.  Friends.  Family.  Our possessions.  Our hobbies.

Know what God values?  You.  Above all the things mentioned above.  Combined.

Every time you see a fallen bird, let it be a reminder of God's immeasurable love for you.

You are of great value to Him.

What does this scripture say to you?

2 comments:

  1. This Scripture and the the Scripture verse that I cross referenced, Luke 12:6, really left me speechless. It makes me realize how much God loves and values me even when I don't value myself sometimes. Matt. 10:30 still makes me wonder how he knows the number of hairs on my head even though I'm getting bald in that department. Thank God for his unfailing and immeasurable love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a reminder to me about how I need to value the ones He had entrusted to me in this life. If He values me so much, He also values them, so dont hurt them, leave them, be cruel, or treat unkindly. Even more, He values the strangers I don't know and aren't in my care, so again--dont be cruel, don't act unkindly. Love them no matter what. Amazing God, You overwhelm us with Your love.

    ReplyDelete