Monday, July 12, 2010

Anxiety 4

I have trusted also in You, LORD; therefore I shall not slide.   Psalm 26:1

The slippery slope.

We use it as a justification for not doing things and for doing things.  But it is rarely used in a positive sense.

It certainly is how sin seems to work.  We don't jump headlong into the middle of some sinful behavior or lifestyle very often.  The more common route is by taking small step after small step.  Then we end up someplace we never dreamed we could be (see the story of Lot).

So to make a statement like "I shall not slide" is not a trite thing.  It brings strong imagery to mind.  Rock.  Immovable.  Unshakeable.  It is huge.  It is what we all want.

And it is promised to us when we make the conscious decision to hand over everything...EVERYTHING, including our worries and concerns to The Creator.

He and He alone will keep us from sliding.

How does that promise strike you?

1 comment:

  1. WOW! That is mind blowing. I remember one of my best friends telling me that God wants 100% of you, not 50%, 75% or even 99.44%, he wants 100% of you. That is mind blowing, but true.

    ReplyDelete