Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Depression 6

LORD, You will give me rest from my sorrow, and from my fear, and from the hard bondage in which I was made to serve.   Isaiah 14:3

Of all the emotions human beings are capable of, sorrow may be the toughest.  Because when a person goes into the depths of sorrow, it is very difficult for a friend's kind words or loving actions to bring them out.

And the longer a person stays in sorrow, the more it wears them out. 

Emotionally, physically and spiritually.

Our Creator understands that dynamic.  And the great thing about that is that He has the power to do something about it. 

It may not be immediate, but it will come if we continue to trust Him.  Because God never intended for us to live in the pit.

He intended for us to live in His promises.

What is your response to this scripture?

1 comment:

  1. Praise be to God! Thank you, Lord, for Your amazing love. You know me, You hear me, and You have felt and witnessed my pain. None of it has been caused by You, yet You have carried me out from it!

    ReplyDelete