Thursday, August 12, 2010

Relying on God when dealing with finances

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.   Matthew 6:33

Priorities.

We can't have any meaningful discussion on finances without talking about priorities.  We've all heard the old adage about being able to tell where our true priorities lie, regardless of what we say, by looking at our checkbook and calendar.

How would our checkbook look differently than it does now if we were truly seeking God's righteousness above everything else?  How would our calendar look differently than it does now if we were truly running after God's kingdom?

There is no way to live life without priorities.  They are either clearly articulated or they are ignored (which is still establishing priorities), but life is always lived through priorities.

Our biggest problem is that, by ignoring the teaching of this verse, we really are only robbing ourselves.

What does this verse say to you?

2 comments:

  1. It tells me I should have confidence in His abilities to provide. What He has done is say to me, "Look for me, I have stored up things for you when you get here." I have no way of knowing what they are--monetary or otherwise, but I can't be concerned about that. All I know is that it will be GOOD. In ALL ways it will be good. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This verse is saying to me that I should use this verse more in my life. Not just financial wise, but in my life on this earth in general. That is one of the big reason why I'm going on this Sabbatical journey that I'm on. so far is has been good and the feedback I have received from the few people that I have shared this with has been positive. The key part for me now is to use this verse and follow through on some other things. Philippians 4:19 is a verse I look to now because when times are really tough for me and they are now, I realize the glorious riches that Christ Jesus has for me and the I should ALWAYS look to Him for supplying my needs.

    ReplyDelete