Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Finances 6

Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.   Psalm 37:3

Trust.  It all ends up coming back down to trust, doesn't it?

We can talk about generosity and prosperity and priorities, but at the end of the day, it all comes down to trust.  As in, who are you going to?

As fallen human beings, even in our best moments, we have a hard time getting this passage in the right order.  First comes trust and good works and the result is dwelling in the land and enjoying safe pasture.  The King James translation renders "safe pasture" as "you will be fed."

Our typical order is to go be fed, assure ourselves and our loved ones of safety and then we'll trust in the LORD and do good. 

In other words, "Me first, then You, God."

But if we truly trust God's hand at work in our lives, we can throw ourselves in His care, being His hands and feet wherever we find ourselves and be confident of His provision for us.

Trust in the Lord and don't lean on your own understanding.  In all your ways, acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight.

What does this verse say to you?

2 comments:

  1. This verse says to me that I need to live and trust the instruction "in the fear of the LORD". See Psalm 34:8-14. I need to do a better job of trusting in Him more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have found that my safety and blessings are easier to recognize when I trust Him first. It's very easy to think that if I receive blessings without having trust in my heart, that somehow I did it. I have also found the blessings to be incredibly better on the right side of trusting God; He is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete