Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Discouragement 6

Delight yourself also in Me, your LORD, and I will give you the desires of your heart.   Psalm 37:4

Desires. What things do we deeply desire?

Well, most people have a set of things they'd like to have: new car, new or upgraded home, etc.  And then we usually have a bucket list, either in our head or written down, of places we'd like to go and things we'd like to do before our time on earth ends.

But what do we deeply desire?  If we deeply desire the items listed above, then we're in trouble.  Spiritual trouble.

At our core, what our God desires most for us is to be in relationship with him.  So the more that our deepest desires shift toward having a relationship with God, not just knowing facts about Him, but KNOWING Him, the more we will delight ourselves in Him.  And the more we delight ourselves in Him, the more our deepest desires will move toward being in a relationship with Him.

And that would be at the top of our bucket lists; number one with a bullet.

What do you think about this scripture?

2 comments:

  1. God is jealous for me! He loves me more than I can ever imagine and He is there, beckoning for me to come and trust in Him. "Leave all those other desires behind and come to Me--I have a plan for you.", is what He has said to me. It is an invigorating, overwhelming feeling of release and JOY to let it go and follow Him. He fills me up; nothing on this earth can do what He does to my soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Scripture has my name on it. It's making me realize that he is nuts about me and that I should concentrate on resting in HIM. I'm feeling a lot more relaxed now that I'm not stressing so much about the small stuff. Everytime I'm going through some things in my life, it seems that the right Scripture/devotional/message comes right when I need it. God's timing is so cool, it's scary.

    ReplyDelete