Saturday, August 7, 2010

Doubt 3

Believe in the LORD your God, so shall you be established; believe His prophets, so shall you prosper.   2 Chronicles 20:20

What is your idea of personal prosperity?

Of course, we all know the world's ideas...power, position, possessions.  But that description probably didn't fit very many of the prophets, if any.  These were guys who lived hard lives speaking truth, enduring torture and succumbing to murder.  They weren't talking about the world's kind of prosperity.

What then?

Well, if we are established - planted, rooted - by believing in God, then the things that are important to God are the things that will be important to us.

Prosperity for the believer has to do with relationships with others and service to others.  Ultimately, it ends up square in the middle of love for others. 

Doubt festers when we become fixated on ourselves.  Prosperity comes when we become fixated on the LORD.

What impresses you about this verse?

2 comments:

  1. What impresses me about this verse is the confidence that is shown. Again this is more of a command than anything else. Have faith in the LORD and his prophets. I like the way that the future hope only comes in Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel relief! I love the thought of a better prosperity than this fallen world has to offer! Please, Lord, reveal it to me--move me, change me!

    ReplyDelete