Saturday, August 14, 2010

Finances 3

He who did not spare his own Son, but gave Him up for us all--how will he not also, along with Him, graciously give us all things?   Romans 8:32

Generosity.

We're interesting creatures when it comes to generosity.  We are almost unwavering generous when it comes to opportunities to spend other people's money, but not so much when it comes to spending what has been put in our own care.

Recent studies have shown that half of the people in the United States who claim Christ as their Savior give nothing on an annual basis to the church they attend.  For the 50% who do give to their congregation, the average is 2% - 4% of their income.

I'm not trying to make a point that we need to give a higher number per se.  But it does become pretty clear by looking at the numbers that God and humans have different ideas when it comes to generosity.

What does this scripture say to you?

1 comment:

  1. This Scripture says to me that I know that I need to step up financially. What I cannot give monetarily, I certainly have been able to give my talent and my time to serve others. If God gave His Son Jesus to us through the work performed at the cross, how much more can I give to Him $$ wise.

    ReplyDelete