Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Doubt 5

Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe."  Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!"  Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."   John 20:27-29

Those who haven't seen. 

That would be us.  All of us.  And God's call to each of us, regardless of our lot in life at the moment, is to stop doubting and believe.

Sometimes the only reason we really struggle is because our eyes can't see and our ears can't hear.  But that isn't God's fault.  It is our own spiritual immaturity.  God wants to bless us.  Are we throwing out a roadblock of doubt?

What is your reaction to this passage?

1 comment:

  1. My reaction is that we can be our own worst enenmies when it comes to belief and faith in Jesus. Reading the Word and believing in Jesus is one thing, Doing what the Word says(James 1:22) and living it out is completely different. I get stuck on trying to do things on my own because I want to prove to myself that I'm a guy and I can handle things my way. I guess that's part of the American culture that we're living in today and I've for the most part bought into it. Now that I'm on this Sabbatical, it's giving me an opportunity to trust and believe in the Lord fully. It's going to be different, but I thik that through this process, I'm going to be a better man because of it.

    ReplyDelete