Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Doubt 6

I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.   1 John 5:13

It is so difficult to believe in something we cannot only not see now, but that we've never seen.  Doubt takes root quickly in those circumstances.

I'll tell you what I have seen, though. 

I've seen a sunset so breathtaking that no person's painting or photographs could ever do it justice.

I've seen people run to help folks they don't even know when disaster strikes.

I've seen an ant carry a piece of food that is several times it's own size and weight.

I've seen a thunderstorm roll in that rattled all the windows in our house.

I've witnessed childbirth.

God's fingerprints are all over the world, clearly visible in our everyday lives.  If we'll only slow down and look for them.

What does this scripture make you think of?

2 comments:

  1. My drive to and from work. When I see God's face on my children. They smile and my daughter wants to turn down the music to talk about Jesus. At the same time, my son wants to turn up the music he can only feel to praise His creator(he lifts his one-yr-old hands). Even though he doesn't speak the language, his spirit is touched. I am in love with God's presence in my car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Scripture makes me think of the times when I'm went on a retreat and see God's handiwork get unleashed. Sunshine, rain, cold, etc. God made it. This makes me think of the day I put Jesus on in baptism(Dec. 24, 1984 to be exact) when I made the decision to die to myself and live for Christ. It's not easy, but he's been there all along. I also think about the rest that I'm starting to get in the Lord. He does this for a reason and I thought the Sabbath was 86ed by the Law; NOT! We are creatures of habit and if we don't get rest, physically and spiritually, we going to crash and burn. I don't want to crash and burn. I want to live, not jut exist. I'm thankful that Jesus saved my soul by paying the price 2,000 years ago for a messed up sinner like me. I'm thankful for his mercy and grace as I strive to live like Him daily. Thi Scripture makes me think about how I can get lost in His presence through worship, whether corporately at church every week, at home, or at a Christian concert. Now that's cool. All in all, I LOVE YOU JESUS!

    ReplyDelete