Friday, May 28, 2010

The wicked, the evil and the poor - Chapter 28

The way wicked people think is twisted away from truth; they are more interested in trying to justify their own selfish reality than to seek what is good and right. Likewise, evil people don't see through spiritually rational eyes. Their lens are clouded by their selfish desires above everything else.

The scary thing is that both of those things have described me at times in my life. How about you?

Solomon says the poor are much better off than those who fall into wicked or evil behaviors.

Sobering thoughts.

Did any of these verses resonate with you?

2 comments:

  1. Vs. 1 - The wicked man flees though no one pursues.

    I couldn't get my mind off of the first line in this chapter.

    We've probably all had those times in our life we've attempted to run and hide though no one is hunting us. It's our conscience that we are attempting to get away from... our guilt.

    I don't know of a worse feeling, and that makes me want to settle matters quickly with those I have offended or wronged, even if they don't know it yet. It's what Adam and Eve felt after the tree. "We blew it! RUN!"

    Nowhere to run. Nowhere to hide. But for some reason, I try it anyway. I flee, although no one is chasing me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Verse 2--countries and be rebellious and act like knuckleheads when you don't have rulers that rely on wisdom from above. That's why it is important to lift up rulers(e.g. the U.S. President and all elected officials) in prayer daily. Verse 6--kind of parallels Philippians 4:19 where believers rely on the glorious riches in Jesus Christ instead of the get rich schemes of this world. Verse 13--secret sins=darkness and will be exposed in due time. Confession and transparency=freedom. I don't like the confession and transparency part, but I'm working on it. Verse 14--love the contrast between fearing the LORD and completely shutting him out. verse 19--hard work is always rewarded better than "get rich quick" schemes or easy money. verse 20--self discipline is key to being richly blessed instead of going after the quick buck(I Tim. 6:10, Luke 15:12-13). Verse 21--Favortisim, or as I call it, "Clique-ism" never good. Bottom line in the Proverb: Greed is NOT good(with apologies to Gordon Gekko in "Wall Street"). Generosity and fearing the LORD is good. Blessings to you all.

    ReplyDelete