Sunday, September 5, 2010

Relying on God when dealing with illness

Why are you so downcast, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God, for I will yet praise Him, who is the health of my countenance and my God. Psalm 43:5

"I've done everything I can do. All I can do now is just pray."

Have you ever heard someone say something like that? Have you ever said something like that?

Isn't it funny how we often look to prayer or to God as a last resort, after we've exhausted every other avenue we can? I wonder how that makes God feel, when His promises are eternal and His power is over all, that we keep trying our own little cures?

He is the health of my countenance. In other words, whether I get better physically or not, when I turn it over to Him, I get better, regardless.

What do you think about this passage?

No comments:

Post a Comment