Thursday, September 9, 2010

Illness 5

You, LORD, will deliver me in time of trouble.  You will preserve me and keep me alive, and I shall be blessed upon the earth, and You will not deliver me into the will of my enemies.  LORD, You will strengthen me upon the bed of lauguishing.  You will restore me on my bed of sickness.   Psalm 41:1-3

Deliver.  Preserve.  Blessed.  Strengthen.  Restore.

Look at the words in this passage!  Can you imagine more powerful words being spoken about you from your Creator?

In our time of trouble, in our dark night, we have a God who not only loves us, not only cares for us, not only hurts with us...but who promises to deliver us, to preserve us, to bless us, to strengthen us and to restore us.

God is telling us in no uncertain terms to take heart.  We can't win the battle.

But He can.

How does this scripture strike you?

No comments:

Post a Comment