Friday, September 10, 2010

Illness 6

LORD, You preserve the simple.  I was brought low and You helped me....I will walk before You, LORD, in the land of the living.   Psalm 116:6, 9

When is the last time you've been brought low?  Of course, we don't have to consider the question, "Have you ever been brought low?" because it is a given that we all have.

Life does that to us.  It knocks us down.  It humbles us.  Sometimes, it crushes us.

Especially when we struggle with illness.

But God has the answer.  As always, He gives us exactly what we need.  We are not always blessed with being immediately delivered.

But He goes a step further than that anyway.

He preserves us.

How does this scripture strike you?

1 comment:

  1. Perserve! Yea, I feel like that apricot perserve up in my grandmother's pantry waiting to be devoured by a little 4 yrs old girl. Over the years I have grown thru the low times. Still pretty low right now but everyday I get stronger and every day with the strengh that he is redeeming, strengthing me and nurturing me thru his word. Thank you lord, now I will put those same perserves in my pantry for the little girl or boy enjoy while I am living. A living example of love!

    ReplyDelete