Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Mistakes 3

I am confident of this very thing, that You who have begun a good work in me will perform it until the day of Christ Jesus.   Philippians 1:6

When we have fallen prey to sin and are convicted of it, it is diificult to think that God still has use for us, isn't it?

And yet, not only is He not finished with us, He restores the penitent and continues to use us until we go home to be with Him.

Is other words, our mistakes do not define us.

God's love does.

What does this scripture bring to mind for you?

2 comments:

  1. I burst with smiles and laughter at the thought! He has an incredible, perfect plan for me, and being arrested by my sin is not part of it. He has a way of making things right for me and opening the door to new experiences once I've returned. People and Satan have different ideas--and many times they want to define me by my mistakes--but God, the Alpha and the Omega, has already forgiven me and wants me to feel His comfort and release. Beyond that, we should never forget that His plan exceeds all! He has an imagination that cannot be outdone. He thought up the moon, and the waters and even the butterfly; yet our names are written on His heart. What He can create in us is something totally new and amazing--better than we can ever imagine. He creates a new heart, He wants to transform us, and our minds become trained to listen to His comforting whispers.
    I pray that His work is never finished in me! I am thankful that my mind and flesh cannot contain Him since that means that I will never fully experience His glory until Christ comes--what an amazing change to look forward to! I confidently invite the Lord God Almighty to work in me until the end of my days. Lord, stay with me, live inside of me, construct your love and build a mighty tower of praise in me for your courts alone! My mistakes are nowhere near your Holiness, dear God. Thank you for separating it from me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Scripture brings in mind to me that I am a continual work in progress and that God can still use me even though I'm a basketcase. Thank God for His mercy, grace, love and forgiveness.

    ReplyDelete