Saturday, September 11, 2010

Illness 7

O Israel, you have destroyed yourself, but in Me is your help.....I will ransom you from the power of the grave; I will redeem you from death.  O death, I will be your plagues; O grave, I will be your destruction.   Hosea 13:9, 14

Sometimes we call on God for healing and He does so.  And we are thrilled and grateful.  Sometimes we call on God for healing and He does not.  And we are crushed.

Who knows the mind of God?  We fall so short of having any grasp of why God moves the way He moves.  Why He sometimes says yes, sometimes no and sometimes wait.  I think I like wait the least of the three.

But here's something not only to remember in times of struggle with illness, but something to cling to: God will defeat death.  God will overcome death.  God will master death.

God will destroy death.

No more pain, no more sorrow, no more heartache, no more tears.

The destruction of death means one thing for those will believe in Jesus.

Life.

What are your thoughts on this passage?

No comments:

Post a Comment