Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Mistakes 2

Return to me, the LORD your God....I will heal your backsliding, I will love you freely, for my anger is turned away from you.   Hosea 14:1, 4

Return.

For God, there is one thing in His sights when our mistakes, our sin, lead us away from Him.  He's looking for our return.

Our return to Him brings healing.  Our return to Him causes His anger to turn away from us.  And best of all, our return to Him reminds us that His love for us flows freely.

The important thing for us to remember is that His love for us doesn't go away when we choose to turn our back on Him.  When we turn away from our Creator, we run away from the benefit of His love.  We lose track of the depth of His care.  We have no understanding of His compassion.

So if your mistakes, your sin has led you away from God and you don't think He could ever take you back or forgive you, there is only one thing that you need to do to have all the benefits of His undying love for you.

Return.

What does this passage mean to you?

2 comments:

  1. Oh to dwell in the Father's shade and love Him freely! He is so ready to take me and keep me in His protection, in His ways. His ways are right and I find JOY in them; when I turn from His ways, I stumble and forget who I am or what I am made for--to love and worship the Creator. It is torture to live apart from this joy. When it happens, it feels unsettling and chaotic. It feels like I have no balance, my hope gets sucked into the ways of the world and I can't concentrate on others anymore; I become focused on myself. My own ways cannot be trusted; they only bring me grief and despair disguised behind a smile. But He wants me! He is a loving Father who promises healing and fulfillment upon my return. Why worship the idols my hands have created? He tears up the thought with His Holiness and my idols crumble to the ground. The Lord reigns forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This passage means I need to return to Him in a major way. I messed up "royally" and I can't get it back.

    ReplyDelete